Here are the steps that should happen to change the iCloud ID on your Mac.
Backup All Files
- Log in as 45.
- Copy all files to your external hard drive.
- Ensure you have all of your artwork, all of your mom’s files, and anything else that you want to save.
- These original files may or may not be lost when the ID changes.
- If it works like a PC they will be under the other user’s folder and your new user may not have access to them based on the permissions granted to them.
- Instructions to move the files are at the links below. If you see an option to copy do that instead of moving the files. But if you have to move them that is fine also, you will be able to copy them back later.
Change the Apple ID in the Settings
- Instructions for signing out and signing back in are located here: https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/sign-in-to-your-apple-id-preferences-on-mac-mchla99dc8da/mac.
- Log out of the computer.
- Log in as 50.
- I am making the assumption that you have to log into the computer since PCs make you log into the computer.
- To learn more about what iCloud is check out this link: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/mac-help/mh36832/10.15/mac/10.15.
- I suggest that you login to iCloud to see what you have there – https://www.icloud.com/
- I believe there may be pictures from 50’s phone there.